Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup.
You can have Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup using 0 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup
Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup step by step
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil 1 chopped spring onion A bunch of coriander, finely chopped 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 tomato, finely chopped Season with salt and pepper, one teaspoon chicken powder 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Boil a large pot of water and add in the chicken, 1/2 onion, 1 whole spring onion and a small bunch of coriander. Bring this to the boil and then reduce the heat to medium for 15 minutes..
- Prepare the veg whilst the soup is boiling. Peel and cut the plantain and cassava..
- Break the corn in cob in half and peel and cut the potatoes into smaller pieces..
- After 15 mins of the soup cooking, in a separate pan, prepare the sofrito by mixing all the ingredients listed under the sofrito title. Using medium heat, cook this until it becomes soft and slightly saucy. Remove the chicken from the soup pot and place these in the sofrito mix to cook for another five mins. Remove from heat..
- Now with the soup, remove the 1/2 onion and whole spring onion. Add the cassava, plantain, potatoes and corn. Add in the chopped coriander and chicken powder and cook on a low heat until the vegetables are soft and tender when pierced. I covered the pot and let this cook..
- Add the sofrito mix to the soup..
- Simmer for another 5 mins.
- Serve with fresh chopped coriander. Enjoy :).